summaryrefslogtreecommitdiffstats
diff options
context:
space:
mode:
authorLeo Vivier <zaeph@zaeph.net>2021-08-21 17:18:31 +0200
committerLeo Vivier <zaeph@zaeph.net>2021-08-21 17:18:45 +0200
commit79d686d43ba91bc5635447a63a98ac602e9791c6 (patch)
tree6dc3dac28bada8e7b7a88a57af42b2ff03b90907
parent33c9e3fb685162cc6b00bec28ec2a679d85cf22f (diff)
downloademacsconf-wiki-79d686d43ba91bc5635447a63a98ac602e9791c6.tar.xz
emacsconf-wiki-79d686d43ba91bc5635447a63a98ac602e9791c6.zip
Push notes from last session
-rw-r--r--2021/meetings.org88
1 files changed, 86 insertions, 2 deletions
diff --git a/2021/meetings.org b/2021/meetings.org
index f13ad33..ce4e53c 100644
--- a/2021/meetings.org
+++ b/2021/meetings.org
@@ -52,14 +52,20 @@
- Coming up with a way to coordinate meetings with *all* the organisers of the EmacsConf (rather than the core subset)
- Coming up with a calendar for the next edition
- Decide whether the live-version of the EmacsConf 2020 can be axed by [2021-06-12 Sat]
- - Coming up with different tracks
+ - Coming up with different tracks (TODO for [2021-08-21 Sat] )
- Meta track (for EmacsVerse stuff)
- - Gaming
+ - Community
- Org
+ - org-roam
- Multimedia & Fun
- Gaming
- Music
+ - Dev
+ - Emacs core
+ - Other emacs stuff
+ - Research
- Beginner’s track (dto & mplsCorwin?)
+ - We could also use sachac’s list of categories for Emacs news as input
- EmacsVerse
- Vet Mailman and exim instance for usergroups: bandali
@@ -69,6 +75,84 @@
- mplsCorwin's livestreaming project, working on trimming
- Diversity outreach: gopar, sachac, zaeph, mplsCorwin
+* August 14, 2021 meeting
+
+- Important next actions from last time for today [2021-07-29 Thu 20:30] (UTC):
+ - CFP
+ - All done last week!
+ - Office hours
+ - Find other timeslots where we’d be available for office hours (tentative for now; no commitment, just feeling the water)
+
+- Check-in
+ - bandali
+ - Doing good! Atg a rainy time at the camping, but had a good time overall
+ - corwin (no longer mplsCorwin thanks to the Freenode exodus!)
+ - Has been putting a lot of work with FOSSHost
+ - Managed to get some work done on dungeon-mode
+ - Put some work on orgvm to update org via the web-browser (on corwin’s SourceHut)
+ - [[https://git.sr.ht/~mplscorwin/orgvm][~mplscorwin/orgvm - sourcehut git]] (do you want this published on the wiki, corwin?)
+ - This particular exploration was informed by corwin’s discovery of comic-chat which made him explore the NodeJS implementation
+ - sachac
+ - Managed to join us!
+
+- Quick thoughts on involving the public in the review process for the proposals
+ - sachac: Maybe put anonymized proposals on a wiki page, unless there's anything that's kinda iffy?
+
+- CFP
+ - Numbers for the CFP (via the nginx logs)
+ - Total visits: 100k
+ - Unique visitors 12k
+ - Pretty large numbers altogether!
+ - We should probably run this regularly (bi-weekly) to quantify /when/ people are participating
+ - Nudging people in directions that we want (sachac)
+ - In a couple of weeks?
+
+- Office hours
+ - Figuring out a schedule with every orgas (or users?) who want to get involved)
+ - Right now, we need to find a second slot that would be friendly to East Asia and Oceania
+ - Availabilities
+ - bandali will be away from <2021-08-21 Sat> to <2021-08-24 Tue>
+ - zaeph is available all summer
+ - Even if nobody shows up to the early office hours, there’s no rush: they’ll be running until the end of the CFP, and orgas can work on the office hours or on EmacsConf during them. :)
+
+- Alternative method for helping people: assisting during the recording
+ - Orgas could attend the recording of the presentations and ask questions to the presenter (which may or may not be included
+
+- TODO Next actions
+ - Everyone
+ - Come up with an exhaustive list of topics/tracks for the next edition
+ - Find the first TODO this document under [[#ongoing-projects][file:~/emacsconf.org::#ongoing-projects]]
+ - corwin
+ - Tue and Fri night (CST) TBC
+
+- Long running next actions:
+ - Project-based:
+ - bbb:
+ - BBB experimentations:
+ - See if increasing the RAM results in less CPU usage
+ - Gauge how much the number of present users affect the resources
+ - Working with the swap
+ - Decreasing the swapiness of the kernel might help
+ - Test RW speed (elsewhere than ~/tmp/~)
+ - Check if we can change the ffmpeg prioritisation for BBB (so as to get recordings out sooner, or to manage them ourselves)
+ - Does bbb spawn a ffmpeg process that we can investigate?
+ - Misc:
+ - Look into GLT21 to see if they have specifications/doc for their streaming
+ - We might want to discuss the podcast during the next session
+ - People-based:
+ - zaeph:
+ - Email Emacs NYC (and Cc sachac and bandali) to ask them if they’d be interested in hosting their sessions on our BBB instance (on FH)
+ - Organisers to content:
+ - admin@emacsnyc.org (goes to both Eric & Zach)
+ - Do the same with Emacs ATX?
+ - Do the same with M-x Research
+ - bandali:
+ - Prepare the announcement email for the Improvement Meeting™
+ - Wiki updates for references to freenode
+ - Check if there is anything important on live0 that would need archiving (besides the raw EmacsConf2020 ಠ_ಠ)
+ - Listing the specs for the non-FH servers (very quick)
+ - Wipe the private-repo
+
* July 24, 2021 meeting
- Check-in