summaryrefslogtreecommitdiffstats
path: root/2021
diff options
context:
space:
mode:
authorEmacsConf Organizers <orga@front0.emacsconf.org>2021-03-13 17:20:27 +0000
committerEmacsConf Organizers <orga@front0.emacsconf.org>2021-03-13 17:20:27 +0000
commit5f1ec6e108fbbbb004c697e054169021ad7ec2a3 (patch)
tree0d4ff21a245d0a7680e529ccee4db85566a4ff2b /2021
parent3837c977a1aab8ce1fe44ca383cb9a36b23f9fbb (diff)
downloademacsconf-wiki-5f1ec6e108fbbbb004c697e054169021ad7ec2a3.tar.xz
emacsconf-wiki-5f1ec6e108fbbbb004c697e054169021ad7ec2a3.zip
Update
Diffstat (limited to '2021')
-rw-r--r--2021/meetings.org134
1 files changed, 124 insertions, 10 deletions
diff --git a/2021/meetings.org b/2021/meetings.org
index c8da8da..ef76876 100644
--- a/2021/meetings.org
+++ b/2021/meetings.org
@@ -19,13 +19,30 @@
- Figuring out a better streaming workflow (speakers & OBS)
- Review whether we need FH’s BBB instance: mplsCorwin & bandali
- CDN with Nate Saltes: mplsCorwin, bandali
+ - Documenting our infrastructure
+ - Creating a list of server with the requirements: bandali, zaeph
+
+- Amin and Gopar's podcast: bandali, gopar
+ - Coming up with a list of guests
+ - Leo Vivier (zaeph, org-roam)
+ - Qiantan Hong (crdt)
+ - Protesilaos Stavrou
+ - John Wiegley
+ - Lars Ingebrigtsen
+ - Adam Porter (alphapapa) - package maintainers group?
+ - Jonas Bernoulli (tarsius)
+ - FSF people? Zoe? Greg? rwp?
+ - Drew Adams (@oracle.com, probably)
+ - Bastien Guerry
+ - Coming up with an intro song
+ - shoshin
+ - Asking the community in the first couple of episodes
- Subtitles/transcripts: sachac, bhavin192
- Calendar, connecting with meetups: sachac
- Streaming infrastructure for meetups?: bandali, sachac
- set of methods for clipping, publishing, etc.
-- Amin and Gopar's podcast: bandali, gopar
- Writing about Emacs: zaeph
- mplsCorwin's livestreaming project, working on trimming
- Diversity outreach: gopar, sachac, zaeph
@@ -33,6 +50,108 @@
- Write-up for streaming with FLOSS
- Mediation project between MELPA and org-mode’s core: zaeph
+
+* March 13, 2021 meeting
+
+- Usergroups calendar
+ - TODO: Update [[https://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/Usergroups][EmacsWiki : Usergroups]] with new dates
+ - TODO: Smoothing out the process for publishing the agenda
+
+- CNAME for the FH BBB instance
+ - Will require at the very least an nginx update
+ - Problems with logging in into the server
+ - We’re not receiving emails from their own server; SMTP negotiation isn’t working properly
+ - In the mean-time, bandali suggested using his FSF email in the meantime
+ - TODO: bandali & mplsCorwin working it out with the FH team
+
+- Emacs-SF & publishing the presentations
+ - Mike & Jeff (the organizers of Emacs-SF)
+ - Mike is excited about the whole process and might be a worthy addition to the EmacsConf team for next year
+ - usergroup-organizers-notebook
+ - TODO: Simplify the guide
+ - ToC?
+ - Tracking who is speaking (e.g. during question-time)
+ - Problem with Firefox and spliced video being identified as corrupted
+ - Troubleshooting
+ - Checking logs in various players
+ - Submitting a bug-report upstream to FF?
+ - YouTube might be able to handle it?
+ - Maybe we could fiddle with BBB encoding options
+ - We’ll be figuring out the workflow in the coming weeks
+
+- zaeph: Emacs/org-mode
+ - dto might be interested in checking in with this?
+ - We could send him the recordings and improve the workflow
+
+- BBB considerations
+ - TODO #A: Download all the recording sessions for EmacsConf & ERG
+ - We could upload them to FH’s server
+
+- Moving to FH’s BBB
+ - Soft deadline linked to CNAME redirection
+ - No problem whasoever
+ - We could use the instance for other related endeavours (as we would use an empty classroom in a school)
+
+- No session next week
+ - LibrePlanet will be on, and we’ve only taken 1 week of break since the EmacsConf
+ - Probably no ERG session as well
+
+- Next EmascsConf and BBB
+ - We’re hoping to make better use of BBB for the next edition
+ - LibrePlanet is looking into OBS-to-BBB streaming, and based on their experience, we might be able to optimise our own streaming workflow
+ - The only thing we’d need to adjust to control the OBS socket via Emacs!
+
+- Could FH provide us with server power to run expensive processes
+ - Mike will provbide his server for Emacs-SF
+ - Rigbht now, we have:
+ - VPS primarily for computation; a commodity for post-processing pipeline
+ - BBB instance (2nd VPS with only BBB on it
+ - CDN service (PacketFrame); mirroring service
+ - Hosting space (200 GB) for each instance
+ - Since a usual 2h recording for a usergroup or an EmacsConf/ERG session is about 500 MB, that leaves us plenty of room (2000 videos)
+ - Specs:
+ - Decent CPU?
+ - BBB instance
+ - 16 GB of ram
+ - Since mplsCorwin had told us to ask FH if we needed more facility, they could probably accommodate us
+ - We could get the VPS talking together to post-process the BBB recording
+ - For now, the two instances are probably going to be enough; we can consider requesting an update later
+
+- Podcast
+ - Aiming for releasing the first episode in mid-April
+ - The first two episodes are more-or-less set in stone
+ - Regarding guests
+ - bandali & gopar might need to figure a time to get zaeph on board to talk about
+ - 2nd week of April might be best wrt the timing of the crowdfunding campaign
+ - That would be the 3rd episode
+ - shoshin for the podcast intro
+ - bandali pinged them, but no news
+ - Ping them again?
+ - Otherwise, we might call for people to contribute free music that we could use
+ - Finding a release day
+ - bandali wanted something between Mon-Wed
+ - We don’t need to come up with a solid day right now
+
+- Next actions:
+ - bandali:
+ - Check how much server space we have with FH (200 GB?)
+ - Get access to FH’s server to zaeph and sacha
+ - Figure out how to change the domain name with the FH BBB instance
+ - Check if the server power have available on FH now is enough for our bidding
+ - We could also use the beefy servers to which bandali has access to process
+ - zaeph:
+ - Update [[https://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/Usergroups][EmacsWiki : Usergroups]] with new dates
+ - Download all the recording sessions for EmacsConf & ERG
+ - zaeph & sacha:
+ - Simplify the guide for usergroup-organizers-notebook
+ - TODO #A: Download all the recording sessions for EmacsConf & ERG
+ - All:
+ - Find more potential guests for the podcast
+ - FSF people? Zoe? Greg? rwp?
+ - mplsCorwin:
+ - News from Nate Sales (vela)? (Maybe in two weeks, [2021-03-27 Sat] or [2021-04-03 Sat])
+
+
* March 5, 2021 meeting
- Agenda
@@ -44,14 +163,16 @@
- Ping shoshin, and define a loose schedule
- bandali will go listen to things
- Creating a list of people to invite to the show
- - Qiantan (crdt)
+ - Leo Vivier (zaeph, org-roam)
+ - Qiantan Hong (crdt)
- Protesilaos Stavrou
- John Wiegley
- - Bastien Guerry
+ - Lars Ingebrigtsen
- Adam Porter (alphapapa) - package maintainers group?
- Jonas Bernoulli (tarsius)
- FSF people? Zoe? Greg? rwp?
- Drew Adams (@oracle.com, probably)
+ - Bastien Guerry
- gopar sent things to re-record
- Usergroups
@@ -78,13 +199,6 @@
- figure out workflow for splitting things out of meetup recordings
- mplsCorwin: still kind of out of it, get well soon!
- New domain: literatecloud. FOSSHost building new partnerships. 00:06:03-00:09:15 more secret part. Try to nudge towards LibreJS?
-- Next steps:
- - Sacha will work on Emacs calendar publishing workflow
- - New CNAME - maybe bbb.emacsverse.org (meet.emacsverse.org?)
- - ‘Let’s just do it and figure out what we have to do with FH/BBB to get it working.’
- - Investigate enabling LibreJS for FH’s BBB
- - zaeph: Grep ‘TODO’
-
* February 27, 2021 meeting
- Agenda