summaryrefslogtreecommitdiffstats
path: root/2021/meetings.org
diff options
context:
space:
mode:
Diffstat (limited to '2021/meetings.org')
-rw-r--r--2021/meetings.org62
1 files changed, 61 insertions, 1 deletions
diff --git a/2021/meetings.org b/2021/meetings.org
index 8a61139..414d0ec 100644
--- a/2021/meetings.org
+++ b/2021/meetings.org
@@ -79,6 +79,8 @@
- Creating a new format for discussions/interviews
- e.g., talking with vimmers (the audacity, I know!)
- Think about funding
+ - Figuring out the financing of our infras
+ - bandali is taking care of a lot of our spendings right now; maybe we could dampen this amongst orgas?
- EmacsVerse
- Vet Mailman and exim instance for usergroups: bandali
@@ -88,6 +90,25 @@
- mplsCorwin's livestreaming project, working on trimming
- Diversity outreach: gopar, sachac, zaeph, mplsCorwin
+* October 16, 2021 meeting
+
+- TODO from last time
+ - zaeph:
+ - Send email to the 12 people in the org block on day-1-afternoon
+ - Take charge of the TODOs (changing to WAITING_FOR_CONFIRMS)
+ - <2021-10-13 Wed>: Pin post to r/emacs
+ - bandali (& potentially seabass):
+ - Draft the email for submitting the schedule and send it out to -submit
+ - Publish the schedule
+ - SOFT DEADLINE: <2021-10-13 Wed>
+ - Setup FTP server
+ - Find a minimal web-based ftp server
+ - Might be a great use for vm01, actually!
+
+- Agenda
+ - /Glitter/ for EmacsConf
+ - Thinking about organisation principles like the bus-factor: how do we address it in a way that is not merely putting people on a pedestal?
+
* October 9, 2021 meeting
- TODO
@@ -100,8 +121,47 @@
- sachac:
- Going to wait for bandali to finish submitting the de-anonymised versions to front0
+- Check-ins:
+ - bandali:
+ - Doing pretty okay, and catching up on sleep
+ - Trying to get on top of things
+ - corwin:
+ - Doing good; been busy
+ - sachac:
+ - Doing okay! Taking care of kiddo.
+ - zaeph:
+ - Still prepping for interviews; made it through the first step.
+
- TODO for the session
- - Renumber the proposals chronologically
+ - DONE When do we publish the schedule?
+ - Do we need to wait for the org-research block to reply? We’ve only bumped them slightly, so it’s probably not necessary.
+ - …No.
+
+- Clarifying the streaming setup
+ - bandali is considering doing the streaming on his own again this year.
+ - The setup from 2020 was a little /crude/, which is why we’re revising the OBS model we had in 2019.
+ - The plan is to do like what was done in 2019, since bandali’s setup is now more powerful and shouldn’t have the same problems as last time.
+ - bandali: We can keep our use of OBS fairly minimal, and consider it as /glitter on top/
+ - We should specify what would constitute that /glitter/
+ - Maybe we could get alphapapa to help us on this?
+ - We could get one of the newer orgas working on this, since there is no playbook to be learnt on that one. :)
+ - We’re going to stick to Linode; bump it up right before the event, and bump it down right after
+
+- Task force for the /glitter/ (in order of interest/availability)
+ - alphapapa
+ - zleap
+ - seabass
+ - corwin
+ - zaeph
+
+- Could we be using the other FH server (vm01) for other stuff?
+ - We could have found a use for it, but it squeezed between our fingers; or we could have returned it to FH
+ - Based on the original request that we’d filed for FH, we were supposed to use it to process the talks.
+ - Maybe we could deploy it in time for this year?
+
+- Capacity update for bbb
+ - 42/200 GB taken
+ - Might be filled by ≈<2022-04-09 Sat>
* October 2, 2021 meeting