summaryrefslogtreecommitdiffstats
path: root/2021/meetings.org
diff options
context:
space:
mode:
Diffstat (limited to '2021/meetings.org')
-rw-r--r--2021/meetings.org88
1 files changed, 88 insertions, 0 deletions
diff --git a/2021/meetings.org b/2021/meetings.org
index fac6737..abd6f73 100644
--- a/2021/meetings.org
+++ b/2021/meetings.org
@@ -84,6 +84,94 @@
- mplsCorwin's livestreaming project, working on trimming
- Diversity outreach: gopar, sachac, zaeph, mplsCorwin
+* September 25, 2021 meeting
+- TODO
+ - bandali & corwin:
+ - Figure out the streaming setup
+ - Who should be streaming?
+ - Experiment with tooling?
+ - Jitsi?
+ - RTMP webcamps via BBB?
+ - corwin:
+ - Come up with a list of topics for the next EmacsConf 2021
+ - Based on sachac’s blog
+ - sachac: ‘There's some elisp in my emacs-news/index.org that has a list of the categories I usually use’
+ - Think about interesting topics to have in a talkshow format for the next EmacsConf
+ - Also make a list of highly-political topics and what could be problematic about them
+ - zaeph:
+ - Think about personal talks and meta-talks for EmacsConf 2021
+ - Everyone
+ - Think about adapting the format based on the number of talks we’ll be fielding
+ - Come up with a protocol / condition tree
+
+* September 18, 2021 meeting
+
+- Carry-over from last time:
+ - Next actions from last time
+ - zaeph:
+ - DONE Look into polling for views to turn into a cron
+ - bandali took care of it!
+ - Send email to Jeremy Friesen, and maybe schedule a meeting
+ - Also Cc: emacsconf-org-private@gnu.org
+ - Try to find a date that North-American folks can attend too
+ - CXLD Draft the email for publicising office hour
+ - DONE Make a PR for adding EmacsConf to [[https://confs.tech/?online=online#][Tech conferences in 2021 and 2022 | Confs.tech]]
+ - PR here: [[https://github.com/tech-conferences/confs.tech][tech-conferences/confs.tech: List of tech conferences: JavaScript / Design - CSS - UX / Ruby - iOS - Android - PHP - Data - Devops and more.]]
+ - Done by seabass: thanks!
+ - Everyone:
+ - CXLD <2021-09-01 Wed>: Review zaeph’s email proposal for publicising the office hour
+ - Come up with an exhaustive list of topics/tracks for the next edition
+ - Find the first TODO this document under [[#ongoing-projects][file:~/emacsconf.org::#ongoing-projects]]
+
+ - TODO
+ - Review the ongoing projects because some projects ought to be updated
+ - Review the schedule for office hours
+ - Would sachac want some help with the scheduling?
+ - Could we maybe document a little more how sachac does it so that other orgas could help (or someone new to recruit)?
+ - Reviewing office hours
+ - Do we give up for this year and focus on the next one?
+
+- Check-in
+ - bandali
+ - Had to deal with [[https://planet.gnu.org/][Planet GNU]] going down, which took a couple of days but was a lot of stress
+ - Has also been working on ERC, since emacs-28 is going to be cut soon
+ - zaeph
+ - Still working on his interview
+ - sachac
+ - Managed to make it!
+ - corwin
+ - Managed to make it!
+
+- On the office hours
+ - Discussion
+ - zaeph: Has problems keeping up with the commitment, and is feeling locked with regards to publicising them without due funnelling down
+ - bandali has been participating to some of corwin’s office hours and has been having fun with it, even though it was mostly people from #emacs@libera.chat
+ - sachac: We already have a healthy number of submissions, so it might not be necessary?
+ - bandali: It might still be worth it to publicise the office hours on r/emacs, but to present them more as a conversation between friends
+ - zaeph: This feel closer to workshops, though (i.e., not just 1-on-1)
+ - zaeph: So, do we consider the office hours format worth reforming, or should we explore workshops for next year?
+ - Proposals
+ - We could have weekly/bi-weekly workshops with one of us managing the room so that people could come talk to us about anything, and we’d nudge people towards writing proposals or contacting us for help (since they will know us a little more)
+ - Should we cancel the office hours
+ - Should we make a meta-presentation about office hours during EmacsConf 2021
+ - Why we were thinking they could be useful
+ - How we did the few of them?
+ - What plans do we have for the future (e.g. workshop)?
+
+- Handling the end of the CFP
+ - Extending the CFP by 1 week? <2021-10-07 Thu>
+ - Not necessarily a good idea because it ends up rushing us
+ - corwin: We should check stats from last year, and see how many submissions we get in the last week of the CFP (as it is currently shceduled)
+ - sachac: It’s also fine if it’s a one-day conference
+ - Come up with an exhaustive list of topics/tracks for the next edition
+
+- Hosting and handling responsibilities according to the number of talks we need to manage
+
+- EmacsConf 2022
+ - We should pro
+
+
+
* September 4, 2021 meeting
- Next actions from last time