summaryrefslogtreecommitdiffstats
path: root/2021/meetings.org
diff options
context:
space:
mode:
Diffstat (limited to '2021/meetings.org')
-rw-r--r--2021/meetings.org63
1 files changed, 62 insertions, 1 deletions
diff --git a/2021/meetings.org b/2021/meetings.org
index abd6f73..a18cc20 100644
--- a/2021/meetings.org
+++ b/2021/meetings.org
@@ -66,6 +66,10 @@
- Research
- Beginner’s track (dto & mplsCorwin?)
- We could also use sachac’s list of categories for Emacs news as input
+ - Live tasks during the conference
+ - zaeph:
+ - Doing volume checks when pre-recorded talks go live to do live normalisation
+ - Maybe bandali could look into easyeffects’s autogain?
- EmacsConf 2022
This entry is mostly for points we cannot address for EmacsConf 2021 (for lack of time), but that we’d still like to track for the future.
@@ -84,6 +88,14 @@
- mplsCorwin's livestreaming project, working on trimming
- Diversity outreach: gopar, sachac, zaeph, mplsCorwin
+* October 2, 2021 meeting
+
+- TODO
+ - bandali:
+ - Decomission the private repo from last year
+ - Reaching out to jwiegley for new Emacs update
+ - Get in touch with corwin for the streaming setup
+
* September 25, 2021 meeting
- TODO
- bandali & corwin:
@@ -104,6 +116,55 @@
- Think about adapting the format based on the number of talks we’ll be fielding
- Come up with a protocol / condition tree
+- Check-in
+ - zaeph:
+ - Didn’t do as well in the last checkpoint with his mock-interviews; but hopeful for the next one in 8 days!
+ - Did a quick presentation of what he’s been doing to prepare for his interviews
+ - bandali:
+ - Doing pretty okay! Busy week at work again with some not-too-interesting busyworkprevious names of JAMI
+ - Also been working on ERC patches
+ - seabass:
+ - Was here 3 weeks ago, and he’s back with us now!
+ - Has been working on: [[https://github.com/spdx/spdx-spec][spdx/spdx-spec: The SPDX specification in MarkDown and HTML formats.]]
+ - Suggested reconsidering the work that has been done last spring on getting text/org accepted as a valid mimetype
+ - We egged seabass on to make a short user-story talk, especially since he got involved in all this with the last EmacsConf
+ - corwin:
+ - Probably going to join us later
+ - sachac:
+ - Busy with kiddo today; might not be able to make it
+
+- News
+ - zaeph: Became co-maint for crdt.el with qhong
+- Office hour
+ - bandali had one on Tuesday
+ - …Nobody did show up, though. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
+ - Wasn’t expecting much, but got time to answer emails
+ - bandali wil have the last one for this year next Tuesday
+- Technical aspects of the streaming setup for the conference
+ - bandali and corwin haven’t been able to meet to discuss
+ - bandali thought about this, and would rather do the streaming himself (sticking with what worked)
+ - rtmp server w/ jitsi might be finnicky, and we don’t probably don’t want to risk
+ - If the server doing the mirroring goes down, we might not be able to
+ - Should we change our policy with regards to backup streaming services (YouTube, peertube?)
+ - It’s technically possibly for us to bounce streams and use the servers of non-free platforms to do most of the leg-work, but we don’t think it’s enough to change our policy
+ - Should we ask FH to provide more facility for the live streaming?
+- Doing more with FH:
+ - sachac: Should we ask FH to handle the hosting of our conferences rather than the platforms we currently use?
+ - Currently, we use linode for streaming and uwaterloo (via bandali) for initial video upload
+- List of tracks or topics for EmacsConf 2021
+ - Considering our timing with the CFP closure, it’s not necessary for us to think about it right now
+- Figuring out what do to during down-times
+ - Panels
+ - zaeph is slightly more confident in the format after having thought about it
+ - We’re quite excited about this, but there are
+ - sachac: We’re okay for 10am-pm at 75% load
+- Intervention with emacs-devel?
+- How to deal with private info for emergency contact
+ - We’ve figured a good workflow that will allow us all to access the files and keep it encrypted
+- Closing the CFP
+ - Should we send an email to warn people?
+ - It might be a good idea to officially announce the closing of the CFP, but focussing on the thanking. It might also give some extra energy to those who were waiting to submit to hurry up.
+
* September 18, 2021 meeting
- Carry-over from last time:
@@ -653,7 +714,7 @@
- Wipe the private-repo
* June 5, 2021 meeting
-
+
- Next actions from last time
- Project-based:
- bbb: