summaryrefslogtreecommitdiffstats
path: root/2021/meetings.org
diff options
context:
space:
mode:
Diffstat (limited to '2021/meetings.org')
-rw-r--r--2021/meetings.org105
1 files changed, 105 insertions, 0 deletions
diff --git a/2021/meetings.org b/2021/meetings.org
index a18cc20..8a61139 100644
--- a/2021/meetings.org
+++ b/2021/meetings.org
@@ -88,6 +88,21 @@
- mplsCorwin's livestreaming project, working on trimming
- Diversity outreach: gopar, sachac, zaeph, mplsCorwin
+* October 9, 2021 meeting
+
+- TODO
+ - bandali:
+ - Send the follow-ups
+ - Special care for 40: Ask for doing their talk on Sunday rather than Saturday
+ - zaeph:
+ - Take care of the replies from the follow-ups bandali
+ - Remove sticky from r/emacs
+ - sachac:
+ - Going to wait for bandali to finish submitting the de-anonymised versions to front0
+
+- TODO for the session
+ - Renumber the proposals chronologically
+
* October 2, 2021 meeting
- TODO
@@ -96,6 +111,96 @@
- Reaching out to jwiegley for new Emacs update
- Get in touch with corwin for the streaming setup
+- Scheduling with sachac
+ - Questions raised by sachac after studying the anonymised talks
+ - Do we want to publish it?
+ - If we publish it, how precise do we want it to be?
+ - Do we want to think about dropping talks?
+ - Time exceptions
+ - Those are the ones we’ve either bumped down
+
+ - Do we post this draft schedule, or do we say that all the people who help us with the scheduling?
+ - bandali does have an informal list of people involved
+ - bandali (but he’ll excuse himself since he anonymised
+ - zaeph
+ - dbremner
+ - sachac
+ - seabass
+ - acw (Chase)
+ - corwin
+ - We’ll probably need to think about which responsibilities we hand over to new orgas, since some of them might be tough (like asking candidates to reduce the size/scope of their talks, or shepherding some of the talks which we don’t think are ready yet)
+
+ - Talk-specific considerations for exceptions
+ - 21: Resolved
+ - We might want to ask the candidate to record two versions, since the topic is very interesting, but it’s going to be quite tough to fit in the whole 40-min presentation that the candidate intended to
+ - Since the candidate mentions that there were two-parts, it might make more sense to trim one of the parts
+ - We could also offer 30-min, but that’d need to reduce the duration of 04 (M-x forever)
+ - We’ve resolved it by cutting the opening remarks on that day
+ - 40:
+ - 34 & 13:
+ - We need to get the candidates talking
+ - That’s not a blocker for accepting them, but we still
+ - 01:
+ - Maybe we could get the candidate to mention the reMarkable tablet, since it’s more aligned with our FLOSS goals?
+ - We’re not enthused with
+ - 02:
+ - Maybe make it clearer that this is the son
+
+ - Potential talks we’re still waiting to hear from
+ - jwiegley’s dev update
+
+ - Broadcasting with subtitles?
+ - [[https://wiki.c3subtitles.de/en:styleguide][Guide for subtitling talks]]
+ - We will push for big talks to have subtitles
+ - We can speakers to provide scripts if they’ve used one; otherwise, we can use whichever technique fits best (YouTube captioning; hand-editing them)
+
+ - bandali has fired up emacsconf-private-2021 for sharing conf.org
+ - We’ll keep pre-recs info on it, for example.
+
+ - Report on anonymising the proposals
+ - bandali: It wasn’t *too* bad; removing the names, the GH links was easy, but it’s definitely not a process
+ - sachac: Maybe something we can automatise next year! *maniacal laugh*
+
+ - Content for the follow-up email:
+ - Talk is accepted
+ - Specify which time duration we are accepting (can be automatised?)
+ - Double-checking availability
+ - Pre-rec deadline: [2021-10-31 Sun] or [2021-11-07 Sun] latest
+ - Gentle incentive to submit early so that we can get them captioned
+ - Please start your talk with your name so that we can now how to pronounce it!
+ - ‘If you happen to have a script for your talk, please submit it as well!’
+ - After you’ve finished your pre-rec, feel free to record a longer one that we can direct people to
+ - Tell people that there will be a page for them on emacsconf.org
+ - We should ask them for their pronouns which we will include on that page
+ - …But let’s not aim for sending them the actual URL to the page, since they might be subject to change
+
+ - Content that we’ve consider for the follow-up email
+ - Nudge to write blog-posts about
+
+ - Extra stuff to do on tech-checks
+ - Re-asking how to pronounce their names
+
+ - How to introduce people
+ - Let zaeph do it
+ - Come up with Englishised IPA for the names of everyone (which zaeph would take care of)
+ - Actually, it could be zaeph’s entire role
+
+ - For EmacsConf’s 2022:
+ - We might want to track talks according to IDs
+ - Submission could be sub-01-$title.org
+
+Notes from Paul:
+#+BEGIN_QUOTE
+There is a free software camp coming up that could be useful to signpost people from there to emacs conf to learn about e-macs
+https://camp.fsci.in/
+p;us the free software foundation europe
+Youth Hacking For Freedom
+If you like coding, tinkering, and having fun with software and if you are up for a challenge, we have something exciting for you: "Youth Hacking 4 Freedom" (YH4F), the FSFE's hacking competition for young people from Europe!
+https://yh4f.org/
+Which again could be somewhere to promote emacs / emacs conf
+#+END_QUOTE
+
+
* September 25, 2021 meeting
- TODO
- bandali & corwin: